The UNESCO Chair in Bioethics and Human Rights in collaboration with The University of Anáhuac (Faculty of Bioethics), and the Ateneo Pontificio Regina Apostolorum is launching the NEW Master in Global Bioethics online.
Objectives & Outcomes:
- Training future university professors, health care professionals, biomedical researchers, social and political agents with high academic knowledge and skills in bioethics.
- Providing an integral formation in the field of global bioethics, allowing participants to develop their professional activity, both in the private and public sphere, with social responsibility and grounded in person-center approach.
Addressed to people interested in:
- Promoting human dignity, human rights and duties in the field of life sciences and medicine as well as in social, legal and political environments
- Studying and researching about the biomedical, philosophical, social and legal aspects of the contemporary important and cutting-edge bioethical dilemmas
- Developing capacity for interdisciplinary, international and cross-cultural dialogue to explore new solutions for the preservation of health and the improvement of individual well-being and social welfare.
- Concept of Human Being in Bioethics and Global Bioethics
- Trends and Currents of Thought in Bioethics
- Research Techniques and Databases
- Ethical Fundamentals of Bioethics
- Clinical and Bioethical Aspects at the Beginning of Life
- Bioethics, Sexuality and Human Reproduction
- Bioethical and Clinical Aspects at the End of Life
- Bioethics and Medical Act
- Bioethics and Health Management/Health Care Policies
- Bioethics and Biolaw
- Global Bioethics
- Global Bioethics and International Human Rights: The Human Right to Health
- Emerging Technologies and Global Bioethics: Neuro-Nano-Info Technologies
- Cross-cultural Dialogue in Global Bioethics
- Public Health Ethics
- Bioethics and Social Problems
- Bioethics and Environment
- Research Methodology in Bioethics
For further infromation and application contact: Marinés Girault, email@example.com
Start: August 15th, 2022
Academic Load: 1500 hours of student work
Duration: Two years studying part-time
Hours: Available all day
UAM: Master Certificate*
UNESCO Chair: Diploma
APRA: 60 ECTS
*Validity of Studies Recognition issued by the Secretary of Public Education by means of Presidential Decree, published in the Official Journal of the Federation in November 26, 1982. SEP Approved Num. 01-0832-18
Beauty, Living Beings and People: A Look from Bioethics, Aesthetics, Technoscience and Biolaw
The UNESCO Chair will host a cultural and academic encounter on the “Beauty, Living Beings and People: A Look from Bioethics, Aesthetics, Technoscience and Biolaw” in Madrid from November 27th to December 2nd.
The scheduled meetings of this event will shape the investigation and work of the International Network of Bioethics, Aesthetics, Technoscience, and Biolaw. Members of the International Research Group Bioethics and Aesthetics will review the chapters of the book project written in collaboration with the UMNG on “Global Bioethics Genomics and Human Improvement in the 21st Century.” Researchers will also discuss the participation into the Summer Course that will offer the Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum of Rome, on “Human Enhancement: Bioethical Challenges of Emerging Technologies” that will take place on July 2018, under the direction of the Chairholder of the UNESCO Chair in Bioethics and Human Rights, Prof. Alberto García.
Among the participants in the program, Prof. Alberto García, will talk about the “Challenges of Global Bioethics, Beauty, Aesthetics, Justice and Human Rights.” On the other hand, Dr. Amparo de Jesús Zárate Cuello (Universidad Militar de Nueva Granada) will speak about “Challenges of Bioethics for the Baby Design in Relation to the Assisted Human Fertilization.”
This event is one of the fruitful initiatives of our “Bioethics Global Art” endeavor, intending to bridge art and bioethics by studying the relation and interaction between bioethics and art and the impact of art in human behavior, evaluate the impact of the transformative power of arts in research and medical ethics as well as in environmental ethics and bridging the gap between academics involved and working in bioethics and the art world by carrying research activities and publications.