We have finalized the speakers list for the Hong Kong Workshop and conference on Human Rights and Multiculturalism.
Open session lecturers and moderators
- Denis Chang, Senior Counsel, Denis Chang’s Chambers, Hong Kong.
- Henk ten Have, Professor and Director, Center for Healthcare Ethics, Duquesne University, Pittsburg, PA.
- Alberto Garcia, Director, UNESCO Chair in Bioethics and Human Rights, Rome.
- Joseph Tham, Professor, School of Bioethics, Regina Apostolorum University, Rome.
Workshop paper presenters and respondents (First on list—Main paper of a religious tradition; Second on list—Respondent from the same religious tradition; Third on list—Respondent from a different religious tradition)
- Ellen Zhang, Associate Professor of Religion and Philosophy Department, Research Fellow, Centre for Applied Ethics, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong.
- Soraj Hongladarom, Associate Professor of Philosophy, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok.
- Colleen Gallagher, Chief and Executive Director, Section of Integrated Ethics in Cancer Care, Associate Professor, Critical Care, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX.
- Laura Palazzani, Vice-president, National Bioethics Committee of Italy, Professor of Philosophy of Law, Department of Jurisprudence, LUMSA, Rome.
- Kai Man Kwan, Head, Department of Religion and Philosophy, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong.
- Aasim Padela, Director of the Initiative on Islam & Medicine, Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago
- Jonathan Keung Lap Chan, Associate Professor of Religion and Philosophy Department, Associate Director, Centre for Applied Ethics, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong.
- Ruiping Fan, Professor of Philosophy, Department of Public & Social Administration, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Alex Yeung, Professor of Philosophy, School of Philosophy, Regina Apostolorum University, Rome.
- Bede Bidlack, Assistant Professor of Theology, Saint Anselm College, Manchester, NH.
- David Palmer, Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, Hong Kong University, Hong Kong.
- Roland Chia, Chew Hock Hin Professor of Christian Doctrine, Trinity Theological College, Singapore.
- Prakash Desai, Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, UICMC, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago.
- John Lunstroth, The Health & Human Rights Research Professor, Health Law & Policy Institute, University of Houston Law Center, Houston, TX.
- Martha Tarasco, Board Member of the National Academy of Bioethics . Professor of Bioethics School of Bioethics University of Anahuac, Mexico City.
- Dariusch Atighetchi, Professor of Islamic Bioethics, Faculty of Theology, Lugano.
- Nouzha Guessous, Medical Biologist, Researcher and Consultant in Bioethics and Human Rights, Honorary Professor, Hassan II University, Casablanca, (Morocco).
- Gonzalo Miranda, Dean, School of Bioethics, Regina Apostolorum University, Rome.
- David Heyd, Chaim Perelman Professor of Philosophy, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Jonathan & Adina Halevy, General Director, Shaare Zedek Medical Center; MSW, Psychotherapist, Jerusalem.
- Hans Ucko, Former Program Executive in the Office on Interreligious Relations and Dialogue of the World Council of Churches, Geneva.