- This event has passed.
Workshop: Leaving No One Behind
October 27, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
“Leaving No One Behind: Better Production, Better Food, Better Environment, and Better Life for Everyone.”
On October the 27th, the Permanent Observer Mission of the Holy See to FAO, IFAD and WFP, the Rome Forum of Catholic-inspired Non-Governmental Organizations, and the UNESCO Chair in Bioethics and Human Rights, established at the Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum and the European University of Rome, are organizing a day of study to reflect on a topics that are more timely than ever. In conjunction with World Food Day 2022, the event will address the importance of leaving no one behind and aiming for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, in order to overcome poverty and growing inequalities and put humanity back on a path that takes into account long-term development, inclusive economic growth and the well-being of the planet.
Dr. Vincenzo CONSO, Coordinator of the Rome Forum of Catholic-inspired NGOs
Rev. Fr. José Enrique OYARZÚN, LC, Rector of the Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum
– “One human family, food for all as food justice” Cardinal Peter K.A. TURKSON, Chancellor of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences.
– “What Institutions are, today, urgently needed to reach food security.” Prof. Stefano ZAMAGNI, President of the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences, (zoom).
– “The human right to integral human development that ensures food and environment for the vulnerable.” Prof. Alberto GARCÍA GÓMEZ, Dean of the Faculty of Bioethics of the Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum. Rome
– “Healthy and sustainable nutrition.” Prof. Manon KHAZRAI, Professor of Human Nutrition at the Faculty of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University Campus Bio Medico (Rome), (zoom).
– “Food security in an era of conflict and climate change” Dr. Jyotsna PURI, Associate Vice President of IFAD, (zoom).
– “A systems vision to achieve a better life for all actors of the agrifood systems” Dr. Maximo TORERO CULLEN, Chief Economist, FAO.
– “In decent work the bud of the common good” Dott. Angelo COLOMBINI, Confederal Secretary, CISL.
– “Agroforestry and land rights advocacy” (experience in Myanmar) Dr. Francesca BENIGNO, Federation of Christian Organizations International Voluntary Service (FOCSIV), (zoom).
– “Women’s engagement to ensure a more inclusive future,” Dr. Mariangela GIORGI, World Union of Catholic Women’s Organizations (UMOFC)
Msgr. Fernando CHICA ARELLANO, Permanent Observer of the Holy See to FAO, IFAD and WFP
The Seminar will be conducted in blended mode. Registration to take part in the event online can be done at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3DhZLjMZRk6_Ag8RGvQAdA
Registration to take part in the event on campus at the Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum can be done at the following link: https://forms.gle/3knapeysrnjFwhmGA
Translations into English, Italian and Spanish are provided through the zoom platform (see link above). We recommend using the zoom application on your device and using your headphones.
For more information write to: firstname.lastname@example.org