- This event has passed.
THE NEW ANTHROPOLOGICAL CHALLENGES: between memory and vision of the future
December 11, 2019 - December 12, 2019
From 11 to 12 December 2019 Our Director Prof. Alberto Garcia and Chair Fellow Fr. Alberto Carrara, LC, will participate in the international conference: the new anthropological challenges between memory and vision of the future at the Notre Dame Pontifical Institute in Jerusalem organized by Università Europea di Roma.
Prof. Alberto García will discuss Dialogue in diversity: Cross-cultural challenge of fostering convergence and cooperation in global bioethics
Fr. Alberto Carrara, LC, will discuss Neuroethics: an emerging anthropological challenge
The conference aims to achieve an image, as precise as possible, of the contemporary social and ethical reality in relation to the new and innovative anthropological challenges that come to us from the theoretical and practical developments of the human sciences and technology. Particular attention will be paid to the experience of individual and collective memory, offered by archaeological research, and to the ethical perspectives aimed at the future.
The main topics that will be addressed, in the light of the correlation between anthropology, new technologies and archaeology, will be:
- Artificial intelligence. Ethical, philosophical and juridical problems
- Possible and lawful borders. Ethical limits of technological enhancement of knowledge. Corporeality and intersubjective relationships
- Scientific research in Archaeology as a living experience of History and memory. Particular reference will be made to the research carried out at the Magdala Center
- Man-environment relationship. The strengthening of internal areas for economic and social cohesion. The common good as a concrete universal
- Inter-religious and theological dialogue. The body and the social experience