Bioesthetics Study Group
In 2013 the Bioesthetics Study Group and the International Network Of Bioethics and Esthetics was established in Madrid by an agreement signed by the Unesco Chair in Bioethics and Human Rights (Rome, Italy) and the Universidad Militar de Nueva Granada (Bogotà, Colombia) with the purpose of jointly generating innovative research and scientific publications, in accordance with the areas and lines of research of the study group.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY GROUP:
To establish an innovative, interdisciplinary and international network that works as part of the “Bioethics Global Art” project of bridging art and bioethics.
- To study the relationship and interaction between bioethics and art and the impact of art in human behavior.
- To evaluate the impact of the transformative power of the arts in research and medical ethics as well as in environmental ethics.
- To bridge the gap between academics involved in bioethics and the art world through research activities and publications.
This study group intends to:
- Inspire art lovers to appreciate the universal language of arts in expressing moral values and ethical principles that respect human dignity and human rights in a diverse and globalize world.
- Evaluate and disseminate the transformative power of arts in bioethics and its influence culture.
- Stimulate academic communities to consider the importance and role of arts in bioethics education.
- Promote a greater sensitivity among citizens regarding the mission of political authorities to foster the common good.
- Bioethics: Reflections on its foundation
- Bioesthetics and Health
- Contributions of Bioesthetics to the fight against the pandemic