Some of the outcomes and results related to our objective of promoting an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation on bioethics and human rights are the following:
- Improvement of communication regarding the project of the UNESCO Chair, its mission, and its activities within the organization and to the public (using our internet site: www.unescobiochair.org, periodical newsletters)
- Design, launching and consolidation of some academic programs and activities in collaboration with our UNITWIN partners in Mexico and Angola.
- Consolidation of Neurobioethics Research Group (ongoing monthly meetings and first accredited Educational Program -Summer Course 2012-)
- Creation an consolidation of a forum of diverse bioethics thoughts leaders through the organization of our 2st International Workshop on Human Vulnerability (Oct 2011) delivering a framework to guide the application of bioethical principles. Involvement of Asian academic institutions through the preparation of 2nd Workshop on Bioethics, Multiculturalims and Religion (Dic 2013)
- Innovative involvement of artistic community in bioethics issues through the organization of our 1st International Bioethics Art Competition on Human Vulnerabilty (Sep-Oct 2011) and consolidation by organizing 2nd edition of the competition.
- Increased interest and involvement of new scholars and students from our host institutions (UER-APRA) some of them volunteering as fellows and interns, making possible consolidation and development of our activities.
See full report.