On September 14, 2009, a conference was organized entitled “For a green revolution in Africa: Development is the New Name for Peace.” This conference anticipates the Synod of African Bishops gathering in Rome to study the recent agricultural innovations and the challenges that new technologies can play in Africa. The list of speakers includes:Gonzalo Miranda, Fellow, UNESCO Chair in Bioethics and Human Rights and Full Professor School of Bioethics, Regina Apostolorum.
- Giampaolo Crepaldi, President, Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace
- Jacques Diouf, General Director of FAO
- Monty P. Jones, Executive Secretariat Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA), Ghana
- Daniel Mataruka, Executive Director African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF), Kenya
- Gerolamo Fazzini, Editor, Mondo e Missione
- Motlatsi Everest Musi, Farmer, South Africa
- François B. Traoré, President, Union Nationale des Producteurs de Coton du Burkina (UNPCB), Burkina Faso